Sample Issues of Nature Friend Magazine
We appreciate your interest in Nature Friend and welcome your review. You may review a sample issue here and then purchase a subscription online or call 877-434-0765. If you prefer, you may order a sample issue for $5. You will receive with the sample the opportunity to receive the remaining eleven issues at the current price less $5.
We encourage participation by readers. Most features appear in each issue, though some are in approximately every other issue. Features include:
- Pictures and Poems - Drawings and writings submitted from the readership.
- You Can Draw - Each issue has a drawing lesson using some aspect of nature as well as children's drawings from a previous lesson.
- Invisibles - A drawing with numerous objects hidden within the drawing
- Stories - Character-building, Creator-honoring. Any artwork illustrations are realistic rather than comic drawings.
- Puzzles - May be submitted by readers
- Scavenger Hunt - We hide two (or more) related objects somewhere in the magazine. Inside the front cover you will see what the objects are; however, they can be any size or color where they are hidden.
- Learning by Doing - A science feature with an activity to reinforce or observe what is being discussed in the lesson.
- Creation Close-ups - Photos taken by readers of things in nature that they have found.
- The Story Behind the Photo - Photographers tell about the events leading up to their opportunity to capture a stunning photograph. Other examples.
- "Month" Nature Trails - We encourage you to share with us things you enjoy doing and the month in which they occur. Together we can learn what may be happening in our communities that we can likewise enjoy, or perhaps learn what others are enjoying in another part of the world at that particular season of the year.
- Caption This - Approximately every other month we feature a photograph we expect to use on the back cover of an upcoming issue. We invite you to submit your caption for the photograph. We will use one or several of the captions when we feature the photo on the back cover.
Once a year we plan a "Reader's Issue" where the content is almost entirely supplied by the readership. You will notice the June 2008 sample issue is the 2008 Readers’ Issue. We also gave a bonus Readers’ Issue which is the August 2008 issue.