The Sky-Watcher Dobsonian utilizes quality components throughout. Pride of workmanship manifests itself in high quality standards of optical and mechanical fabrication. The polishing process for primary and diagonal mirror yields smooth mirror surfaces ensuring good contrast, and properly corrected optics show minimum alterations to the optical wave-front.
The mechanical and structural components of the OTA exhibit rigid construction and outstanding stability. The mount construction is sturdy and rigid. Mount design, while simple, facilitates smooth motions about both axes. Quality accessories enhance the observer's viewing experience.
- 16" (406 mm) Dobsonian-style Newtonian
- 1800 mm focal length (f/4.4)
- 2" Crayford-style focuser with 1.25" adapter
- 4-element Plössl 25 mm and 10 mm 1.25" eyepieces
- 9 x 50 straight-through finderscope
- Solid rocker-mount with Teflon bearings and tension clutch for altitude
- Aluminum plate with needle bearings for azimuth
- Eyepiece height at zenith: 68”
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Focal Length||1800 mm|
|Finderscope||9 x 50 straight-through finderscope|